• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: they marred my baby, help please`

He is a whiny

Comment

Originally posted by Exalon:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Exalon:
      someone should pay. i.e. the guy that obviously didn't treat it anything like it should have been.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that person is you. all you had to do was put it in the case.

sully
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you talk like i left it out in the rain. that's retarded, dude. you can't say that leaving my axe on a stand (for what i thought was going to be a day or so) is like me screwing it up.

you may not be a moron but ya sure do play the part well.
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, where was the case; was it at the rehearsal space? If you couldn't make it back, you should have at least called the place and asked them to put it in a case or look out for it so nothing would happen to it... even though you figured nothing would. Of course, it's more the other person's fault for messing with it and not having respect for your property, but you really should have taken it with you instead of being lazy about it and leaving it.

To quote Megadeth... "Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy. Speak of mutually assured destruction? Nice story, tell it to Reader's Digest!"
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thank you! look, obviously everything we do in life is a shared responsibility with the other people that affect the circumstances we all share together. thus, what it comes down to is who has the most responsibility (or ability to affect the situation the most). obviously it was a mistake leaving it at my friend's house. obviously it won't happen again but what some people can't realize is that I didn't mess up my guitar and it wasn't like i put a post it with "please fuck me up when you get a chance" tacked to it. it's not like there are some pick scratches...

my thousand dollar jackson has chips that actually SCRAPE your arm when you play. there is no excuse for that, thus, someone should pay. i.e. the guy that obviously didn't treat it anything like it should have been.

alright, end of discussion, i got a figure. if they can't make it to where i can't notice it i'm gonna murderize him.

thread over

p.s. lespaulcustom: i actually said that to a guy in a guitar shop. he was makin fun of the stickers on my case and asked why i didn't put em on the telecaster housed within.

Comment

hell yeah i'm pointing fingers but if i were looking for sympathy an online guitar forum would be the last place on my list to check. it was an attempt at looking for a very general estimate for what it would take to repair my guitar.

it doesn't matter who pays, it'll get fixed. the fact that i'll recieve compensation (in one form or another) really has nothing to do with it. that was the story leading to my question.

i tried to conclude this thread after i got what i needed so the whiney stuff doesn't seem applicable. i'm not the one perpetuating this sucker, just responding to you guys... it seems completely illogical to me that it's even half my fault so i defended my position then i get gang banged by the regs and now i've been defeated in some way for no reason but its not like it matters anyway.

i'll think it over long n hard before i decide to waste you fella's time anymore.

i'm out

Comment

Obviously the general opinion here is that you are just as responsible here as the guy who caused the damage. Personally I would NEVER leave a guitar at my practice space, never mind sitting on a stand. Yeah, it sucks, but you learned a lesson, and I'm willing to bet (unless you're really, really, really stupid) that you will never let it happen again.

I once started playing my new Dinky Reverse before I got around to putting on the strap locks. It fell off the strap, hit the floor, and took a huge chunk out of the bottom. Was it the fault of the strap or the strap buttons? No it wasn't. Needless to say, whenever I buy a guitar now, those straplocks go on as soon as I get the guitar out of the case.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

"...it seems completely illogical to me that it's even half my fault..."

And there lies the problem. It IS at least half your fault and you will not listen to everybody who is telling you that. Everybody else is wrong and your right, eh? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out then.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                [/qb]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm actually eating some chips right now. I'll get some popcorn a little later and see where else this thread leads. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]

Stop it, you're killing me. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonRulz:
                  OK, I think everone has killed the "who's to blame" scenerio. The fact is it is damaged and no one has tried to answer his main question. How to get it fixed and how much?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He DID get a few answers.

He WAS going to get a good answer from someone who knows.

Then he started acting like an ASSHOLE.

I suppose the good will sorta dried up.

Comment

Well, if you leave the keys in your car, and don't drive it.. even though it's parked in the garage..and say your buddies that have access to the garage want to go to the 7-11 and it's raining with no transpo, (now they have motive). They take it for a spin and nick a pole or two at the drive thru of Mc D's.. the accident is his fault. However, the point is, you shouldn't leave a temptation like a car with keys in the ignition about for any longer than you're not in it's presense to handle a problem. To prevent an incident, you have to take some responsibility. If he's a nice guy, he'll offer to rectify the situation but you have to be fair about it as well.

I've messed up many times where I've had to own up to my part in it as well. It's a psychological thing.. similar to saying it's not my fault I contracted lung cancer because I didn't heed the surgeon generals warning. The only reason why anyone gets any compensation is because the big tabacco companies covered it up and bought people off for quite some time.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dilemma, and good luck collecting any cash. Fortunately I learned this lesson years ago on something less prized than one of my Jacksons. When I first started playing I left a Les Paul copy at a rehearsal place and when I came back a few days later there a cigarette burn on the headstock binding and I didn’t even smoke at the time. I was pissed. Since then I have never left a guitar behind, even if I was going home with some ho I would take them with. When you are on the road you don’t have a car and walking into some chicks apartment w/ 3 or 4 guitars may seem strange but *uck it, I would rather loss the *itch then the guitar.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Check out his e-mail address guys. Might explain something about his viewpoint. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, dude. The point is simple. You exposed the guitar to unnecessary risk by leaving it on a stand unattended for a long period. In a very rough legal analogy, that would be called "negligence". Did someone else cause the actual damage? Yes. But if YOU had taken the care to put it in a case and take it home to begin with, all would be OK. You exposed it to the risk of damage.

Comment

OK, I think everone has killed the "who's to blame" scenerio. The fact is it is damaged and no one has tried to answer his main question. How to get it fixed and how much? I would like to know if there are local shops that can do work like this or does the guitar need to be sent in to Jackson? I have a RR1t with a newly found chip on the fin and would like to get it fixed if local shops do that sort of work!

Comment

Well, you know how to find out how to get it fixed and how much? You go to a local shop and ask! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Or call around to a few different shops and get an idea. Maybe take pics and send them to someone online if there's no shop close by. It's not rocket science. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Exalon:
                              chips... chips... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] MOTHER FUCKING CHIPS!!!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm actually eating some chips right now. I'll get some popcorn a little later and see where else this thread leads. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"When you are on the road you don’t have a car and walking into some chicks apartment w/ 3 or 4 guitars may seem strange..."

Wow! Memories!! I have done that a few times..

Comment

Working...
                                X